10 great ideas for gifts under the Christmas tree and one for on the table
Presents time! We all love to receive presents, not? But I have as much joy in finding the prefect gift for someone and seeing that face of happy surprise when they open the wrapping paper. Yes, I am coming out: I am one of those people who thinks about presents the whole year and listens carefully to what family and friends say they are missing or would really like to have. So this year, I came up with ten great presents that I am sure will put a smile on everyone's face, including a little something for myself!
1. Two teenage nephews and a year of World Cup fever, you can imagine there needs to be something football related under the Christmas tree. I think great underwear is as important for men as for women, so when I saw the CR7, Cristiano Ronaldo underwear collection, I knew what to give them this year!
2. I ate so many red and blueberries this summer, I can't get enough of them, but always found myself struggling with washing them in a far too big sieve. When I saw this great Zak!Designs apple sieve that you can put straight on the table, I knew that would be a perfect kitchen present for someone in the family! Check out their website for more great kitchen goodies.
3. I rediscovered the Yves Rocher beauty range this year and the 28-day anti-age skin care box will be a great present for under the Christmas tree. I would like to receive one myself too, hint! Love the all white packaging, would be perfect in my all white bathroom.
4. One of my favourite luxury lingerie brands is Empreinte and look at what a stunning and stylish sexy bra they have in the A/W collection this year. It will be a little present under the tree, but a big smile when the lucky guest opens it!
5. In a family of foodies there have to be food presents, no doubt. I have a mum and a sister who are mad about the Maille mustard and when I saw that ROB the gourmet market in Brussels now sells exclusive Maille jars, I knew immediately what to buy them.
6. Dad is the whisky lover in the family and Bruichladdich, the great single malt from the Scottish Isles will be perfect for him and brings back memories for me of cold winter evenings in Edinburgh. A wee dram to warm up the soul!
7. There should always be a pair of socks under the Christmas tree but I am going for the more deluxe 'socks': a pair of Wolford tights with my favourite polka dots design on. Let the party season begin!
8. How cute is this present. To celebrate the 40th birthday of Hello Kitty, Fujifilm will launch a special edition of their Instax mini. With Hello Kitty shoulder belt, stickers and film. I only have nephews but if I would have a niece I would definitely buy her the Hello Kitty fuji instax mini. And probably would be testing this pink camera myself at the Christmas party.
9. Another foodie present for under the tree: granola from Floom! They sell online but what is even better, you can buy granola gift cards with subscriptions for 3, 6 or even 12 months, so you have a monthly supply of your favourite breakfast!
10. And to wrap every present in, a gift that shows your warm heart for a good cause: the Eva Mouton tote bags for the Cancer research foundation 'Kom op tegen Kanker'. For sale at the Terre Bleue fashion shops and online shop and at Eva Mouton's e-shop.
And then a little - well big - extra for the Christmas table: the exclusive limited edition magnum San Pellegrino bottle (1,5 L), to make it extra festive for the whole family!